Welcome to my blog of craftiness, internet finds and my thoughts!

Monday, January 12, 2009

Crystal's Challenge

I love a challenge! Until recently I never paid any attention to scrappin or card making challenges. Once I finally figured out what they were all about, I was hooked. I am highly competitive and hard to motivate, so they work for me!

So....My friend Crystal issued a challenge on her blog. (I'd link it, but it is private.) The challenge was to use multiple photos and multiple patterned paper with a holiday theme on a layout. Well, this truly was a challenge for me, because if you know me at all, you know I simply CANNOT mix patterns. It makes my heart palpitate and my blood pressure rise. Weird, I know...It's not just in scrappin, but in decorating, clothing, anything.

However, I did it...I made this layout in my quest to do Anakin's babyhood. I love this main picture. Grandma took him for these pics as a surprise to us in his little Rudolph outfit. I still have that outfit.
Picture them left to right in an album. Yes, I only used one mat of patterned paper. Baby steps...

Enjoy everything,
Natty

3 comments:

  1. Baby steps ha ha! You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO! YAY!!! I am so glad!!!! You did awesome! If you want to email the pic, I will add it to my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mix patterned paper either - It freaks me out!

    ReplyDelete